Tomboye Landcare has been founded on the basis of the Under the Associations Incorporation Act 2009 NSW Model Constitution a copy is which can be found here.
We have adopted the Landcare objectives as follows and one of our own;
- To reverse land, water and vegetation degradation through strategic on-ground actions.
- To increase awareness about ecologically sustainable land and water use and specific “landcare” practices.
- To demonstrate holistic approaches to natural resource management.
- To increase adoption of sustainable agricultural production systems.
- To work cooperatively with local, state and Commonwealth government departments, industry and the community to achieve sustainable natural resource management.
- To increase awareness about land (including vegetation) and water degradation and its control and prevention.
- To promote and encourage the landcare ethic in school children by involving schools in Group activities.
- To promote and encourage a landcare ethic in the general community and to organise social activities for this purpose for the whole community.
- To obtain funding assistance for all the above purposes through self funding, the Natural Heritage Trust, other government program funding, community fund-raising and sponsorship.
- To promote Whole Farm Planning and maximise attendance at local Whole Farm Planning courses.
Our own object
- Undertake activities to protect and manage the Crown land in cooperation with the relevant authorities in the Tomboye/Charleyong locality.